Superintendent Grignard has been assigned to the anti-terrorist department of the gendarmerie (then the Federal Police) since
1980 and from 2000 to the present he has served as Superintendent, Assistant Director at the anti-terrorist division of the
Federal Police in Brussels.
In addition to his police assignments Superintendent Grignard has compiled a distinguished academic career as an expert on
political Islam. His educational achievements including:
• Attaché, Institute of Philology and Oriental History (IPHO) and the Center of Religious Studies and Secularity (CIERL) at the "Université Libre de Bruxelles - ULB (since1993).
• In charge of education at the "ESCLA" and "IHESI" in Paris
• Master of Conference at the University of Liège (Department of Political Science). Teaching the course "Elements of introduction to the Islamic politic".
• In charge of education at "The Royal Superior Institute of defense" (IRSD) at the Royal Military School (ERA)
• Member of the French Association for the study of the Arab and Muslim world.
• Member of the Royal Institute of International relations (IRRI) in Brussels
• Member of the Geopolitical Observatory of Organized Crime (OGCI)
• Numerous educational activities including academic and Police conferences. (including 2004 training conferences in Brussels in partnership with "Panthéon" – Sorbonne , in Switzerland and Brazil)
In addition to his distinguished Police and educational work Superintendent Grignard has published extensively on Islamism,
Islamic armed groups, Islamic propaganda and myths and organizational methods..